Missed Meeting Excuses
Here are some of my favorites (and every one is real):
- Didn’t get invitation or know about meeting.
- Important customer call – closing a deal.
- I’m sick, have a doctor’s appointment.
- Kids or wife sick.
- Car broke down, ran out of gas, in an accident.
- Just got in from traveling.
- It was raining, cold, hot, humid, foggy, windy.
- I forgot.
- I don’t need to go to meetings since I am a superstar, have 20 years sales experience, commission-only, your buddy.
- I was abducted by aliens, again, and ran out of Preparation H.
- And my all time favorite (not made up, I promise, right Wayne?) “I had to take my girlfriend’s cat to the vet.”
Here is my response: If there was $1,000 at stake, would you have been able to remember and be at the meeting? I thought so.
By the way, my response about the sick cat was “Here’s $5, get another cat.”